The 29th SPINE workshop will take place from November 30th until December 2th 2022, COVID restrictions permitting, as an in-person meeting, at IRF Kiruna premises in Sweden.
The SPINE workshop is a European forum addressing all topics related to spacecraft plasma interactions.
We would like to encourage contributions in the following areas :
– Evolution of Internal Charging analyses and models, real time approaches
– Dust charging effects and interactions with systems in the context of lunar exploration and e.g. Deep Space Gateway
– Platform effects on Plasma measurements onboard Scientific missions
– Measurements of the Earth plasmasphere , data exploitation and gaps
– Electrical propulsion and plumes interaction with spacecraft, modelling and experiments, flight data analysis
– High Performance computing and application to numerical codes for spacecraft – plasma interactions
The forum is fully open and contributions addressing the full range of topics (see below a non-exhaustive complementary list) are welcome !
- Evolution of surface and internal charging environments and standards
- Material properties (measurements, new materials, etc ..)
- Ground and space based experiments for surface and internal charging
- Electric propulsion driven plasma environments, electrical orbit raising
- Innovative numerical methods and approaches for surface and internal charging applications
- Charging of Cubesats, Nanosats, effects on (miniaturised) instrumentation
- Plasma (instrumentation and spacecraft electrostatic cleanliness)
- Simulation tools performances, current and future developments, interoperability between tools
The program of the workshop will run over 2.5 days (max 3 depending on the amount of contributions).
Please submit your contribution(s) by using the following link (see also travel and accommodation information in Kiruna) :
Although the workshop will be in person, online participation will remain possible (a full hybrid format is however not planned).
Please not that the deadline to submit a contribution is September 16th, 1800CET.
Should you have any question on any of the above points, don’t hesitate to contact us !
Take care and Stay safe
The ESA SPINE/SPIS team